Field Maintenance Coordinator
Thank you for your interest in the Field Maintenance Coordinator position. To view the job details below, select a grey title bar - this will allow you to expand or collapse each section.
The SSC culture (Calgary and Edmonton offices), is a performance-oriented environment. We place a strong emphasis on hiring exceptional people and giving them all of the support that they need to excel in their roles. New staff are given strong guidance and nurturance, but are encouraged to gain freedom through commitment and results. Weekly goal setting meetings with their manager helps each staff member to create and execute a plan for success.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
This is an ideal job for a student who is taking the Spring/Summer off and looking for a fun, active job or someone who is attempting to start a career in the Sports and Recreation Industry. If you enjoy working with your hands, spending time in the sun and without constant supervision, this is the job for you!
Start Date: April 2019
End Date: Full-time work will conclude in early September with part-time hours available September and October.
Hours: 5 days/week, 40hrs/wk (Mon-Fri)
Scouting Responsibilities: 10%
- Take the company van to sports fields throughout the city to assess viability for use
- Draw a detailed map of the layout of each field, including notes and measurements
- Give an accurate grading of the field and make recommendations on how suitable the field is for the CSSC
Maintenance Responsibilities: 80%
- Pick up company vehicle and trailer to transport supplies from office daily
- Maintain fields for sports offered by the CSSC including Slo-Pitch, Outdoor Soccer, Kickball, Ultimate Frisbee and Flag Football
- Assist with set-up and sand maintenance at the CSSC Beach Volleyball courts located in Marda Loop and Parkdale
- Repair and/or replace any important equipment used for sports
- Purchase supplies that are needed to maintain fields
- Additional tasks as assigned by CSSC Management
Admin Responsibilities: 10%
- Meet with CSSC Management on a regular basis to determine field visits
- Weekly update of important office files
- Capable of lifting 20+ lbs and performing physical tasks
- Full-time access to a vehicle
- Clean driving record; experience driving with an attached trailer would be considered an asset
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision
- Problem solver
- Slo-Pitch and Outdoor Soccer knowledge would be considered an asset
Rate of Pay: $17.00 per hour. There are performance bonuses available concluding this seasonal position.
- Discounts on league play and tournaments
- Active summer employment
- Bonus opportunities
- Leadership and sports related experience
How to Apply
All applicants must complete the online pre-interview form. Please attach your resume and cover letter at the bottom of the pre-interview form. Attention: Justin Allen, Senior Field Staff Manager