We have all experienced those players on our team, you know, the one who only shows up to about 40% of your league games. Their excuses are always (somewhat) valid – “I’m swamped at work,” “My car got stuck in the snow,” “I had to feed Mr. Meowington” – but they usually pay their league fees in full and they’re always up for a post-game beer, so we put up with them anyway.
You don’t want to play short (again) so you need to find a sub. This can sometimes be a tedious task, so here are a few tips to help simplify your quest:
WHO TO ASK
- Anyone who is at least 18 years old.
- Your friends
- Your family
- Your friends’ family
- Your co-workers
- Your classmate
- Your cute neighbor (this could be your ‘in’!)
WHO NOT TO ASK
- Someone from Craigslist. That’s sketch, seriously.
- Your 16 year old nephew, even if he is the next Josh Donaldson.
- Your cat. Okay, so it would be super cute to see a cat playing sports, but that just isn’t feasible.
Finally, how to ask:
- Text them.
- Call them (I know, this is a totally out dated form of communication, but it does work, I promise).
- Use social media to recruit from a large database of your closest friends (insert eye roll here).
- Use our online request form. Don’t know how? It’s easy.
- Login to your MyCSSC account.
- Click “Subs” and then “Request A Sub” from the menu on the right.
- Fill out the applicable game information, press ‘Next’ and BOOM. E-mails are sent to all possible subs.