Outdoor Field Policies
The CSSC rents the majority of outdoor fields and diamonds from the City of Calgary Parks and Recreation Department. As tenants, players must respect the standards and rules of each field:
- Alcohol consumption and smoking is prohibited on any outdoor field or in the parking lots. Offending players are subject to the CSSC Facility fine policy, by-law fines from the City, or removal from CSSC Leagues.
- Public urination is illegal and although some fields do not have a port-o-potty located close by, players are expected to travel to the nearest washroom if the occasion should arise.
- All public by-laws apply when using a field; including excessive noise or music, offensive language, littering, etc.
- Players should be respectful to homeowners, community residents or anyone else who is sharing the field or surrounding area.
- Players are responsible for property damage they cause including surrounding houses, cars or property.
- Spectators are permitted to attend outdoor games but are to remain seated or in the stands during the game and should always be positioned a safe distance away from the activity. Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
The CSSC also rents time at private outdoor facilities across the City. Similar rules apply to those as listed above.
Any player who causes the CSSC to receive a complaint regarding a field rented by the CSSC will receive a $100 fine and may be ejected from the League.
Outdoor Field Locations and Times
- Outdoor games start at the following times:
- Spring / Summer Evening Leagues: 6:00pm - 7:45pm (depending on time of year and sunlight)
- Spring / Summer Sunday Afternoon Leagues: 4:00pm (excluding any double header weeks)
- Fall Weekday Leagues: 6:00pm - 8:30 pm (all Athletic Park fields will have lights).
- Fall Sunday Leagues: 3:00pm (excluding any double header weeks)
- Fields are chosen based on availability, quality and location. Some leagues utilize many facilities, while other leagues may play out of a specific facility. The CSSC will always attempt to ensure a fair distribution of locations when building a schedule.
- Each schedule lists all fields used in that division, with corresponding Google map links. Players should view these details in order to familiarize themselves with parking, important notes and past complaints for certain fields. Some sites will have multiple fields, so it is important to review which field the CSSC has booked.
- Players should arrive at the field 15 minutes before their scheduled game time to allow time to warm-up or stretch.
|Equipment||Rugby ball|| Flags +
|Provided by the CSSC||Yes||Yes||No|
|Required of Players||No||No||Yes|
- The Event Coordinator (EC) will bring rugby balls, flags, belts and field markers to the field each week.
- Players are welcome to bring their own ball to warm-up.
- Players are required to bring both a light and dark shirt or jersey to the game each week.
- Teams will decide at the field which team is dark and which team is light for the game.
- No metal cleats are allowed in CSSC Flag Rugby Leagues.