Outdoor Field Policies
The CSSC rents the majority of outdoor fields and diamonds from the City of Calgary Parks and Recreation Department. As tenants, players must respect the standards and rules of each field:
- Alcohol consumption and smoking is prohibited on any outdoor field or in the parking lots. Offending players are subject to the CSSC Facility fine policy, by-law fines from the City, or removal from CSSC Leagues.
- Public urination is illegal and although some fields do not have a port-o-potty located close by, players are expected to travel to the nearest washroom if the occasion should arise.
- All public by-laws apply when using a field; including excessive noise or music, offensive language, littering, etc.
- Players should be respectful to homeowners, community residents or anyone else who is sharing the field or surrounding area.
- Players are responsible for property damage they cause including surrounding houses, cars or property.
- Spectators are permitted to attend outdoor games but are to remain seated or in the stands during the game and should always be positioned a safe distance away from the activity. Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
The CSSC also rents time at private outdoor facilities across the City. Similar rules apply to those as listed above.
Any player who causes the CSSC to receive a complaint regarding a field rented by the CSSC will receive a $100 fine and may be ejected from the League.
Outdoor Field Locations and Times
- Outdoor games start at the following times:
- Spring / Summer Evening Leagues: 6:00pm - 7:45pm (depending on time of year and sunlight)
- Spring / Summer Sunday Afternoon Leagues: 4:00pm (excluding any double header weeks)
- Fall Weekday Leagues: 6:00pm - 9:00pm (all Athletic Park fields will have lights).
- Fall Sunday Leagues: 3:00pm (excluding any double header weeks)
- Fields are chosen based on availability, quality and location. Some leagues utilize many facilities, while other leagues may play out of a specific facility. The CSSC will always attempt to ensure a fair distribution of locations when building a schedule.
- Each schedule lists all fields used in that division, with corresponding Google map links. Players should view these details in order to familiarize themselves with parking, important notes and past complaints for certain fields. Some sites will have multiple fields, so it is important to review which field the CSSC has booked.
- Players should arrive at the field 15 minutes before their scheduled game time to allow time to warm-up or stretch.
All CSSC teams must have a complete set of Kickball equipment prior to the start of the season to bring to every game.
- All CSSC teams have the following choices when it comes to equipment:
- Purchase a Used Full Base Set from the CSSC and own it forever
- Rent a Full Base Set from the CSSC (when equipment is returned, the deposit will be refunded, minus a $25 rental fee)
- As an Individual or Small Group registrant, you are not required to select any equipment at the time of registration. However, one person from each individuals team will be required to pay a fully refundable deposit (exempt from the rental fee) and pick-up equipment on the designated days. The CSSC will send pick-up information via email before the season starts
- If teams need a new kickball, please stop by the office to trade in your old one for a brand new one!
- Metal cleats are not allowed in CSSC Kickball Leagues
Equipment Pick Up and Drop Off
|2023 DROP OFF DATES|
|CSSC Office Monday - Thursday||8:30 AM - 6:00 PM|
|CSSC Office Fridays||8:30 AM - 4:30 PM|
- Anyone can pick up or drop off equipment; it does not have to be the Team Captain or the person who put down the deposit.
- All rented equipment must be returned the same year that it was rented in order to receive a refund.
- Please come by anytime during our regular business hours to drop off your equipment.
- For all other equipment inquires please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CSSC Office – Suite #180, 4411 6th Street SE
- Office Hours are 8:30 am - 6:00 pm Mon-Thurs and 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Fridays