Sportsmanship Follow-Up Process
If at the end of the game, a team has an unresolved concern with respect to the other team’s sportsmanship they are required to inform the Games Coordinator at the game.
If a team submits a sportsmanship rating of -1 for their opponent, the team is required to fill out a formal complaint form online by 5:00pm the day after their game. Click here to submit a form. If a team chooses not to submit a report or if the online report is not submitted by 5:00pm the day after a game, the rating will be changed to a ‘0’. CSSC Staff also reserve the right to change spirit ratings if it is believed that they are not warranted and/or an appropriate representation of team's play.
The following is an outline of how the CSSC handles all sportsmanship complaints:
- The CSSC will review the game report and/or complaint form to determine the severity of the incident.
- The CSSC will conduct further investigation when necessary; this may include follow-up phone calls to GC’s, Team Captains, or specific players from a game.
- The CSSC will file the game report and issue one or more of the following verdicts:
- No Follow-up – The incident was deemed too minor to follow-up with and the CSSC will file the game report for future reference.
- Feedback – The offending player(s) or team(s) will receive feedback regarding issues that took place at the game that were brought up by their opponent and/or the GC. No disciplinary action will be taken.
- Warning – The player(s) or team(s) will be issued an official warning. If more issues arise, the player(s) or team(s) will face further disciplinary action.
- Zero-Tolerance Warning – The player(s) or team(s) will be placed on zero-tolerance and monitored closely in future games. If further issues arise, the team will face suspension or ejection from the League.
- Suspension – The player(s) or team(s) will be suspended for one or more games. During this time player(s) or team(s) will not be allowed to enter any facility/fields where CSSC leagues are taking place.
- Ejection – The player(s) or team(s) will be ejected from all CSSC participation for a specific period of time. During this time player(s) or team(s) will not be allowed to enter any facility/fields where CSSC leagues, tournaments or events are taking place.
At any time during a season, the CSSC may penalize or suspend a team, regardless of the ratings given by the opponent or the GC. No refunds are issued to players or teams that have been ejected from the league.