Being a team captain (TC) in the CSSC is an important undertaking. Team captains are the Clubs first point of contact for all matters associated with their team. The CSSC looks forward to working with all TC’s to make their jobs as easy as possible. A list of TC responsibilities are as follows:
- All correspondence from the CSSC office will go through the team captains.
- Captains are asked to complete applicable Online Player Orientations prior to season start.
- Captains are asked to respond to all correspondence in a timely manner when dealing with schedule changes, defaults, sportsmanship issues, or other requests.
- Captains are expected to pass on all important information to their teammates.
Managing the Roster
Captains are responsible for managing their team roster, including;
- Recruiting enough players to fill the roster prior to the start of the season.
- Avoiding defaults by confirming players prior to each game.
- Finding subs for games when short players.
Captains are responsible for dealing with sportsmanship during the game, including;
- Managing the actions of their teammates.
- Bringing up concerns with the opponent in a respectful manner to both the Games Coordinator (GC) and the other team’s captain during half-time or between innings.
- Submitting a sportsmanship rating for the opposition to the GC at the end of the game, or when reporting scores online for outdoor sports.
- Liaising with the CSSC office on all sportsmanship issues and follow-up.
- Captains should confirm the score with the other team and the Games Coordinator (GC) throughout the game
- If score disputes arise, captains are expected to work with each other and the GC when applicable to decide on the correct score.
- For indoor sports, captains do not have to report the scores directly to the CSSC, this is the duty of the GC.
- For indoor sports, - Games Coordinators (GCs) will bring the facility permit to all scheduled games.
- For outdoor sports, captains are required to understand, print and bring the field permit to all scheduled games.
- Captains must ensure that the facility guidelines are respected and that their teammates are aware of proper gym, field or rink etiquette.
Equipment and Field Set-up
- For indoor sports, equipment will be provided at the facility by the Games Coordinator (GC).
- For outdoor sports, captains are required to rent or purchase the appropriate equipment at the time of registration.
- For outdoor sports, captains are responsible for bringing the equipment to each game and will work with the opposing team to set-up the field.