Outdoor Field Policies
The CSSC rents the majority of outdoor fields and diamonds from the City of Calgary Parks and Recreation Department. As tenants, players must respect the standards and rules of each field:
- Alcohol consumption and smoking is prohibited on any outdoor field or in the parking lots. Offending players are subject to the CSSC Facility fine policy, by-law fines from the City, or removal from CSSC Leagues.
- Public urination is illegal and although some fields do not have a port-o-potty located close by, players are expected to travel to the nearest washroom if the occasion should arise.
- All public by-laws apply when using a field; including excessive noise or music, offensive language, littering, etc.
- Players should be respectful to homeowners, community residents or anyone else who is sharing the field or surrounding area.
- Players are responsible for property damage they cause including surrounding houses, cars or property.
- Spectators are permitted to attend outdoor games but are to remain seated or in the stands during the game and should always be positioned a safe distance away from the activity. Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
The CSSC also rents time at private outdoor facilities across the City. Similar rules apply to those as listed above.
Any player who causes the CSSC to receive a complaint regarding a field rented by the CSSC will receive a $100 fine and may be ejected from the League.
Outdoor Field Locations and Times
- Outdoor games start at the following times:
- Spring / Summer Evening Leagues: 6:00pm - 7:45pm (depending on time of year and sunlight)
- Spring / Summer Sunday Afternoon Leagues: 4:00pm (excluding any double header weeks)
- Fall Weekday Leagues: 6:00pm - 8:30 pm (all Athletic Park fields will have lights).
- Fall Sunday Leagues: 3:00pm (excluding any double header weeks)
- Fields are chosen based on availability, quality and location. Some leagues utilize many facilities, while other leagues may play out of a specific facility. The CSSC will always attempt to ensure a fair distribution of locations when building a schedule.
- Each schedule lists all fields used in that division, with corresponding Google map links. Players should view these details in order to familiarize themselves with parking, important notes and past complaints for certain fields. Some sites will have multiple fields, so it is important to review which field the CSSC has booked.
- Players should arrive at the field 15 minutes before their scheduled game time to allow time to warm-up or stretch.
All CSSC teams must have a complete set of Soccer equipment prior to the start of the season to bring to every game.
- It is mandatory for all teams to have a net. Teams who do not provide a net at their game will automatically receive a zero sportsmanship rating.
- All CSSC teams have the following choices when it comes to equipment:
- Purchase the Net Package from the CSSC
- Use their own Equipment, and/or purchase some of the equipment listed below
- Teams registered for the GC'd Outdoor Soccer Leagues do not need any equipment. The GC will supply all equipment at the field
- As an Individual or Small Group registrant, you are not required to select any equipment at the time of registration. However, one person from each individuals team will be required to pay a refundable deposit and pick-up equipment on the designated days. The CSSC will send pick-up information via email before the season starts
|Soccer net x 1, pegs x 3, bucket x 1, velcro straps x 10, cones x 10||$ 95|
- Players are required to bring both a light and dark shirt or jersey to the game each week
- Teams will decide at the field which team is dark and which team is light for the game
- Shin guards are suggested but not mandatory. If a player chooses to wear shin guards, they must have them fully covered with socks.
- Metal cleats are not allowed in CSSC Outdoor Soccer Leagues
Equipment Pick Up and Drop Off
|Spring Pick Ups|
Anyone can drop off equipment; it does not have to be the Team Captain or the person who put down the deposit, just someone who can represent the team and who is available on one of the dates
- If you drop off your equipment on any day other than a designated date, you will be subject to a $10 non-refundable fee
- All rented equipment must be returned the same year that is was rented in order to receive a refund
Location: CSSC Office – Suite #180, 4411 6th Street S.E. (Please use the equipment entrance doors, north of the main entrance)