Being a team captain (TC) in the CSSC is an important undertaking. Team captains are the Clubs first point of contact for all matters associated with their team. The CSSC looks forward to working with all TC’s to make their jobs as easy as possible. A list of TC responsibilities are as follows:
- All correspondence from the CSSC office will go through the team captains.
- Captains are asked to respond to all correspondence in a timely manner when dealing with schedule changes, defaults, sportsmanship issues, or other requests.
- Captains are expected to pass on all important information to their teammates.
Managing the Roster
Captains are responsible for managing their team roster, including;
- Recruiting enough players to fill the roster prior to the start of the season.
- Avoiding defaults by confirming players prior to each game.
- Finding subs for games when short players.
Online Player Orientations (OPO)
Captains are responsible for completing applicable Online Player Orientations, on behalf of the team, before the first game of the season.
- OPOs are accessed through your MyCSSC home page
- Under Registrations refer to your upcoming registration(s), and look for a “Orientations Required” link
- If you have completed all necessary orientations in the past, this link will say “Orientations Complete.” This means you do not need to complete any others
- Click the “Orientations Required” link and complete all applicable orientations
- Captains are expected to submit the score to the Coordinator at the end of the game.
- If score disputes arise, captains are expected to work together to decide the final score before reporting it to the Coordinator.
- Captains do not have to report the scores directly to the CSSC, this is the duty of the Coordinator.