Facilities and Equipment
Outdoor Field Policies
The CSSC rents the majority of outdoor fields and diamonds from the City of Calgary Parks and Recreation Department. As tenants, players must respect the standards and rules of each field:
- Alcohol consumption and smoking is prohibited on any outdoor field or in the parking lots. Offending players are subject to the CSSC Facility fine policy, by-law fines from the City, or removal from CSSC Leagues.
- Public urination is illegal and although some fields do not have a port-o-potty located close by, players are expected to travel to the nearest washroom if the occasion should arise.
- All public by-laws apply when using a field; including excessive noise or music, offensive language, littering, etc.
- Players should be respectful to homeowners, community residents or anyone else who is sharing the field or surrounding area.
- Players are responsible for property damage they cause including surrounding houses, cars or property.
- Spectators are permitted to attend outdoor games but are to remain seated or in the stands during the game and should always be positioned a safe distance away from the activity. Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
The CSSC also rents time at private outdoor facilities across the City. Similar rules apply to those as listed above.
Any player who causes the CSSC to receive a complaint regarding a field rented by the CSSC will receive a $100 fine and may be ejected from the League.
Outdoor Field Locations and Times
- Spring / Summer Evening Leagues: 6:00pm - 7:45pm (depending on time of year, sunlight and double rotations)
- In many instances, the CSSC uses the courts for two sets of games in a row (double rotations) on a given night. It is important for teams to respect this fact and to start and end games on time when part of the early rotation, as to not affect game length for the teams in the late rotation. If teams end games early and there is still time left before the next rotation, they are free to continue to play for fun on the courts.
- Fields are chosen based on availability, quality and location. Some leagues utilize many facilities, while other leagues may play out of a specific facility. The CSSC will always attempt to ensure a fair distribution of locations when building a schedule.
- Each schedule lists all fields used in that division, with corresponding Google map links. Players should view these details in order to familiarize themselves with parking, important notes and past complaints for certain fields. Some sites will have multiple fields, so it is important to review which field the CSSC has booked.
- Players should arrive at the fields 15 minutes before their scheduled game time to allow time to warm-up, change and stretch.
All CSSC teams must have a complete set of Slo-Pitch equipment prior to the start of the season to bring to every game.
- Individual or Small Group registrants are not required to select any equipment at the time of registration. However, one person from each individuals team will be required to pay a refundable deposit and pick-up equipment if the team does not have access to equipment.
- CSSC teams have the following choices when it comes to equipment:
- Rent a Combo Base Set from the CSSC.
- Requires a full deposit.
- When the equipment is returned, the deposit will be refunded, minus a $25 rental fee.
- Purchase new or used equipment from the CSSC.
- Use appropriate equipment that the team already has and/or purchase some of the equipment listed below to ensure the team has a complete set.
- Rent a Combo Base Set from the CSSC.
Other Equipment Notes:
- Softballs are included in the team registration fee and should be picked up every season.
- Athletic Park Leagues require teams to supply a strike mat, but no bases.
- Metal cleats are not allowed in CSSC Slo-Pitch Leagues.
- Helmets, Bats, Gloves and other protective gear is not supplied by the CSSC.
- Helmets, and other protective gear is not mandatory, but we encourage player to wear protective equipment.
|Premium||Padded bases x 2, padded first/safety base, pegs x 10, mallet x 1||$ 130|
|Rubber||Rubber waffle bases x 3, rubber safety base x 1||$ 70|
|Included with bases: cones x 4, equipment bag x 1, Worth grey dot balls x 3|
|Strike Mat Combos||Price|
|Wood||Hinged wood strike mat x 1, heavy duty home plate x 1||$ 70|
|Rubber||Rubber strike mat x 1, rubber home plate x 1||$ 40|
|Combo Base Set: Used||Price|
|Rubber||Rubber waffle bases x 3, rubber safety base x 1, rubber strike mat x 1, rubber home plate x 1, cones x 4, equipment bag x 1, Worth grey dot balls x 3||$ 70|
|Combo Base Set||Price|
|Rubber||Rubber waffle bases x 3, rubber safety base x 1, rubber strike mat x 1, rubber home plate x 1, cones x 4, equipment bag x 1, Worth grey dot balls x 3||$ 125|
Equipment Pick Up and Drop Off
|Wednesday September 5, 2018||3:30pm - 7:30pm|
|Thursday September 6, 2018||3:30pm - 7:30pm|
|Monday September 10, 2018||3:30pm - 7:30pm|
- Anyone can drop off equipment; it does not have to be the Team Captain or the person who put down the deposit, just someone who can represent the team and who is available on one of the dates
- Players are not required to clean their equipment before it's returned
- If you drop off your equipment on any day other than a designated date, you will be subject to a $10 non-refundable fee
- All rented equipment must be returned the same year that is was rented in order to receive a refund
- Please note that when equipment is returned, the deposit will be refunded, minus a $25 rental fee (excluding Multi-Sport packages).
CSSC Office – Suite #180, 4411 6th Street S.E. (Please use the equipment entrance doors, north of the main entrance)