Facilities and Equipment
Indoor Facility Policies
The CSSC rents the majority of indoor facilities and gymnasiums from the City of Calgary Recreation Department. As tenants, players must respect the standards and rules of each facility:
- Alcohol and drugs are strictly prohibited inside any facility and in the parking lots.
- Facility Operators and Caretakers should be treated with respect. If players have any concerns with a school, they should be addressed with the CSSC the following day.
- Hallways are off limits at schools. Players should never wander around the facility.
- Players are expected to clean up after themselves.
- Players must wear clean, non-marking shoes. No outside shoes allowed. Outside shoes can be taken off and left at the entrance to the school.
- Players are responsible for property damage inside or outside of a facility that they cause.
- Due to size constraints at our indoor facilities, spectators are not permitted in the gym unless there is a dedicated viewing area. Spectators are to remain seated or in the stands during the game and should always be positioned a safe distance away from the activity. Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- The doors to a public school are unlocked 15 minutes prior to the permit start time. If players arrive early, they should wait outside. Some facilities will keep the doors locked throughout the night as a safety precaution for the Caretaker. In these cases, the team captain can search for a doorbell above the main entrance of the facility, or wait for a teammate, GC/EC, or the Caretaker to open the door. Doors should never be propped open. This is the most common complaint filed against the CSSC and the responsible player or team will receive a facility fine if caught propping doors.
- When the permit time is up, players must leave the building promptly. They should not move into the hallways, hold meetings or socialize inside the facility.
The CSSC also rents time at private indoor facilities across the city. Similar rules apply as those listed above.
Any player who causes the CSSC to receive a complaint regarding a gymnasium or indoor facility rented by the CSSC will receive a $100 fine and may be ejected from the League.
Indoor Facility Locations and Times
- Indoor facility game start times range from 6:00pm-10:30pm on weeknights and 9:00am - 10:00pm on weekends, depending on facility availability. The CSSC will always attempt to ensure a fair distribution of game start times across all teams within a division when building a schedule.
- Facilities are chosen based on availability, quality and location. Some leagues utilize many facilities, while other leagues may play out of a specific facility. The CSSC will always attempt to ensure a fair distribution of locations when building a schedule.
- Each schedule lists all facilities used in that division, with corresponding Google map links. Players should view these details in order to familiarize themselves with parking, entry, important notes and past complaints for certain facilities.
- Players should arrive at the facility 15 minutes before their scheduled game time to allow time to warm-up or stretch. Some facilities will not allow access to the gymnasium until the exact permit start time, in these cases, players should be patient and ask the GC/EC or Caretaker before entering the gym.
Outdoor Facility Policies
The CSSC runs the outdoor Pickleball leagues on Tennis courts rented from the City of Calgary, or from private facilities. All City public courts are available for drop-in use on a first-come first-served basis, although permit holders do have priority. It is very likely on warm weather days that drop-in users are on the courts, so please do not be confrontational and respect all other users. The Event Coordinator (EC) will have the appropriate permit on hand each week in order to gain access to the courts at the appropriate time.
As tenants, players must respect the standards and rules of each facility:
- Alcohol consumption and smoking is prohibited on or around the tennis courts, or in the parking lots.
- Public urination is illegal and players are expected to use the nearest washroom facility if needed.
- All public by-laws apply when using the tennis courts; including, excessive noise or music, offensive language, littering, etc.
- Be respectful to homeowners, community residents or anyone else who is sharing the courts or surrounding area.
- Players are responsible for property damage they cause including surrounding houses, cars or property.
Any player who causes the CSSC to receive a complaint regarding a facility rented by the CSSC will receive a $100 fine and may be ejected from the League.
Outdoor Facility Locations and Times
- Outdoor games will start at the following times:
- 6:00pm - 6:30pm (early rotation)
- 7:30pm (late rotation)
- Dependent on registration numbers, the CSSC will use the courts for two sets of games in a row (double rotations) on a given night. It is important for teams to respect this fact and to start and end games on time when part of the early rotation, as to not affect game length for the teams in the late rotation. If teams end games early and there is still time left before the next rotation, they are free to continue to play for fun on the courts.
- Pickleball Court Locations:
- Willow Ridge Community Association
|Provided by the CSSC||Yes*||Yes||No|
|Required of Players||Optional||No||Yes|
*The Event Coordinator (EC) will have some Pickleball paddles on hand, but players are encouraged to bring their own.
- Nets and standards are provided at the facility and court set-up will be coordinated by the EC.
- All players must bring a pair of clean, non-marking shoes to the facility.