Beach Volleyball Coordinator
Thank you for your interest in the Beach Volleyball Coordinator (BVBC) position. To view the job details below, select a grey title bar - this will allow you to expand or collapse each section.
The BVBC will have a significant impact on our player’s experience, through the daily coordination of players, as well as maintenance of on-site courts, nets and patios.
Applicants should have a specific interest in working outside, enjoy meeting new people and want a chance to make the CSSC Beach Volleyball leagues the best in town! This is ideal for an active student, as you can still take classes in the morning, or for an individual looking for a fun, and active summer job.
Start Date: April 2019
End Date: September 2019
Hours: Sunday-Thursday, 30-35hrs/week (start times will be 4:00pm or later on weekdays and 12:00pm or later on Sundays; between three- to eight-hour shifts)
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Pre-season facility prep
- Set-up and take-down equipment
- Daily and seasonal maintenance of facility (including courts, nets, patios and surrounding areas)
- Greet and direct players; read player announcements
- Monitor games and solve problems
- Enforce Club policies
- Create and submit scoresheets
- Report scores online
- Assist with Beach Volleyball drop-ins
- Participate in weekly goal setting meetings
- Assist with post-season facility take-down
- Customer service oriented
- Strong oral communicator
- Organized, with solid time management skills
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Comfortable using repair tools and performing manual labour
- Volleyball knowledge is an asset
Rate of Pay: $18 per hour (includes bonuses)
- Discounts on league play and tournaments
- Active summer employment
- Bonus opportunities
- Leadership and sports related experience
How to Apply
All applicants must complete the online pre-interview form. Please attach your resume and cover letter at the bottom of the pre-interview form. Attn. Marissa Crosswhite, Leagues Coordinator.