Court Policies and Game Times
The CSSC rents the majority of indoor facilities and gymnasiums from the City of Calgary Recreation Department. As tenants, players must respect the standards and rules of each facility:
- Alcohol and drugs are strictly prohibited inside any facility and in the parking lots.
- Facility Operators and Caretakers should be treated with respect. If players have any concerns with a school, they should be addressed with the CSSC the following day.
- Hallways are off limits at schools. Players should never wander around the facility.
- Players are expected to clean up after themselves.
- Players must wear clean, non-marking shoes. No outside shoes allowed. Outside shoes can be taken off and left at the entrance to the school.
- Players are responsible for property damage inside or outside of a facility that they cause.
- Due to size constraints at our indoor facilities, spectators are not permitted in the gym unless there is a dedicated viewing area. Spectators are to remain seated or in the stands during the game and should always be positioned a safe distance away from the activity. Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- The doors to a public school are unlocked 15 minutes prior to the permit start time. If players arrive early, they should wait outside. Some facilities will keep the doors locked throughout the night as a safety precaution for the Caretaker. In these cases, the team captain can search for a doorbell above the main entrance of the facility, or wait for a teammate, GC/EC, or the Caretaker to open the door. Doors should never be propped open. This is the most common complaint filed against the CSSC and the responsible player or team will receive a facility fine if caught propping doors.
- When the permit time is up, players must leave the building promptly. They should not move into the hallways, hold meetings or socialize inside the facility.
The CSSC also rents time at private indoor facilities across the city. Similar rules apply as those listed above.
Any player who causes the CSSC to receive a complaint regarding a gymnasium or indoor facility rented by the CSSC will receive a $100 fine and may be ejected from the League.
Players are asked to show up 15 minutes prior to their scheduled start time, but do not enter the court space early if it is being used by other groups.
|Provided by the CSSC||No||Yes||No||No|
|Required of Players||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
- Players must bring their own racquets to the facility.
- The CSSC will provide each team with 2 double yellow dot balls at the start of the season.
- Teams are welcome to use a different ball, as long as both captains agree prior to the start of the game.
- Some facilities may have protective eyewear available to rent / use, but the CSSC encourages players to bring their own. Protective eyewear is mandatory at some squash facilities.
- All players must bring a pair of clean, non-marking shoes to the facility.