Team Captain Responsibilities
Being a team captain (TC) in the CSSC is an important undertaking. Team captains are the Clubs first point of contact for all matters associated with their team. The CSSC looks forward to working with all TC’s to make their jobs as easy as possible. A list of TC responsibilities are as follows:
- All correspondence from the CSSC office will go through the team captains.
- Captains are asked to complete applicable Online Player Orientations prior to season start.
- Captains are asked to respond to all correspondence in a timely manner when dealing with schedule changes, defaults, sportsmanship issues, or other requests.
- Captains are expected to pass on all important information to their teammates.
Managing the Roster
Captains are responsible for managing their team roster, including;
- Recruiting enough players to fill the roster prior to the start of the season.
- Avoiding defaults by confirming players prior to each game.
- Finding subs for games when short players.
- Ensuring the roster abides by the Legends 35+ age restrictions at each game.
Captains are responsible for dealing with sportsmanship during the game, including;
- Managing the actions of their teammates.
- Respectfully bringing up concerns with the other team’s captain during half-time or between innings.
- Submitting a sportsmanship rating for the opposition when reporting the score online.
- Liaising with the CSSC office on all sportsmanship issues and follow-up.
- Captains are required to understand, print and bring the field permit to all scheduled games.
- If another user group is on the field or if other conflicts arise, captains are to deal with the problems to the best of their abilities.
- Captains must ensure that the facility guidelines are respected and that their teammates are aware of proper field etiquette.
Equipment and Field Set-up
- Captains are required to rent or purchase the appropriate equipment at the time of registration.
- Captains are responsible for bringing the equipment to each game and will work with the opposing team to set-up the field.
- Captains are responsible for checking the score with the opposing team throughout the game.
- If score disputes arise, captains are expected to work with each other to decide on the correct score.
- Captains are responsible for ensuring team scores are submitted by 5:00pm the day following the game.
- Any player on a team's roster can submit scores.