The CSSC promotes sportsmanship above all else. The goal is for players to have fun, regardless of whether they win or lose. Those who choose to play with the CSSC are required to bring good sporting behavior to the games and to promote and abide by the CSSC sportsmanship policy and values of “fun-first, winning-second.”
- Players must have control over their emotions and actions at all times.
- Player should treat opponents, CSSC office and field staff and facility staff with fairness, courtesy and respect.
- Verbal or physical abuse will not be tolerated.
- Players should not retaliate or react in a negative way to any situation or player regardless of the circumstance. Retaliation will be subject to the same consequences as instigation.
- When required, feedback should be provided in a constructive way.
- Teams should be open to receiving feedback from the Coordinator and/or opponent.
- All facilities must be treated with respect - this includes, but is not limited to: wearing appropriate footwear, not consuming alcohol on facility property, not littering, not using unauthorized equipment, not urinating in undesignated areas, not entering a facility before the permit time begins and leaving the facility by the end of the permit time.
The CSSC will not tolerate players who do not follow these sportsmanship guidelines. Violation of these guidelines could result in suspension or ejection from the league.
Zero Tolerance Policy
CSSC staff (including Coordinators: ECs, GCs) reserve the right to remove players from a facility or league if they are involved with any of the following acts towards a Coordinator, facility staff, player or a spectator:
- Swearing directly at another player or the Coordinator.
- Intentionally pushing, shoving or making physical contact with another player or Coordinator.
- Instigating/retaliating in an altercation
- Displaying disrespectful or threatening behaviour
If a player is ejected from a game due to unsportsmanlike play, they must vacate the facility immediately, inclusive of the parking lot.