Being a team captain (TC) in the CSSC is an important undertaking. Team captains are the Clubs first point of contact for all matters associated with their team. The CSSC looks forward to working with all TC’s to make their jobs as easy as possible. A list of TC responsibilities are as follows:
- All correspondence from the CSSC office will go through the team captains.
- Captains are asked to respond to all correspondence in a timely manner when dealing with schedule changes, defaults, sportsmanship issues, or other requests.
- Captains are expected to pass on all important information to their teammates.
Managing the Roster
Captains are responsible for managing their team roster, including;
- Recruiting enough players to fill the roster prior to the start of the season.
- Avoiding defaults by confirming players prior to each game.
- Finding subs for games when short players.
- Ensuring the roster abides by the Legends 35+ age restrictions at each game.
Captains are responsible for dealing with sportsmanship during the game, including;
- Managing the actions of their teammates.
- Bringing up concerns with the opponent in a respectful manner.
- Liaising with the CSSC office on any sportsmanship issues and follow-up.
- Captains are expected to submit the score to the Coordinator at the end of the game.
- If score disputes arise, captains are expected to work together to decide the final score before reporting it to the Coordinator.
- Captains do not have to report the scores directly to the CSSC, this is the duty of the Coordinator.
- Coordinators will bring the facility permit to all scheduled games.
- Captains should ensure that the facility guidelines are respected and that their teammates are aware of proper gym, field or court etiquette.