- All Basketball Leagues are single-opponent; teams will play one game per week.
- All Basketball Leagues use a Games Coordinator (GC).
- All Basketball Leagues use a weekly time slot of 1.00 hour.
- The total floor time consists of a warm-up, two 25 minute halves and a 5 minute half time.
- In regular season games, ties are allowed. There is no overtime period.
- All 8 Week Basketball Leagues use the following structure:
- 6 weeks of regular season games.
- 2 weeks of playoff games.
- There may be instances where byes are scheduled due to facility availability, meaning the season may be played over 9-12 total weeks.
- In rare cases, games may be played on long weekends or holidays.
- Playoff Format:
- All teams are guaranteed 2 playoff games.
- Only the top 4 teams will compete for the league championship.
- League champs will receive t-shirts that can be picked up from the Season-end Party.
- There are no ties in playoffs.
- Due to the possibility of overtime, halves are shortened to allow for a 5 minute overtime period.
- A tip-off at centre will start the overtime period.
- The first team to 2 baskets (4 points) wins the game.
|Format||Ideal Roster Size
(F) = Female
|Total # of Players
required on the court
|Total # of Females
required on the court
|Max # of M/X
Allowed on the Court
|5 vs. 5||10-11 (4 F)||5||2||3|
|Draft||8 - 10||5||0||5|
- When registering a full team, there is no limit to the maximum number of players you can have on the roster.
- Prior to the first game of the season, teams must have 5 players confirmed on the roster in MyCSSC. This number is equal to the total number of players required on the court in the above chart.
- If the minimum amount of confirmed roster players is not met, the team will receive a loss for every game played until the requirement is met.
- Minimum female requirements are inclusive of anyone who identifies as female (i.e. players who identify as M or X do not count towards F minimums).
- Prior to the first playoff game, teams must have all players who are playing in the playoff game(s) displayed as part of the confirmed roster in MyCSSC.
- If this requirement is not met, teams will receive an automatic loss and will not be eligible for the championship.
- A team may bring in subs that are not listed on the roster. To learn more about the sub policies, click here.