What is a Default?
A default occurs when, at the scheduled game start time, a team has fewer than the minimum amount of required players and an official game cannot be played.
To determine how defaults are applied to late teams, please see below. These rules apply only to sports that play multiple games or matches in one night:
- If a team is not at the facility at the start of the match, the team automatically defaults the first game.
- The team then has 15 minutes to arrive at the facility to avoid defaulting the second game. If the team arrives within that time period, they can play the second and third game (time permitting), accepting a default loss for the first game.
- If a team fails to arrive by 15 minutes past the match start time, the team will automatically default the second game, and therefore, default the entire match.
The same rules apply to the second match.
Please note that only the CSSC office can cancel games. Teams who contact the office prior to their game to advise that they are unable to meet the minimum roster requirement are still subject to the default fee, regardless of having provided notice to the office and/or opposing team.
How to Avoid a Default
Teams can avoid a default by:
- Sending a sub request through MyCSSC.
- Beefing up your roster with spares. There are no limits to the number of people a full team can invite to join the team's roster.
- Utilizing free resources like Facebook Chat and WhatsApp to organize and confirm player attendance.
- The CSSC office team is also available to assist teams and answer any questions.
What Happens when a Team Defaults?
Default Fees, Scores, and Minimum Roster Requirements
to Avoid Default
|Grass Volleyball 6's||$ 30||0 - 25; 0 - 25||4 ( 1 Female )|
Special Events and Circumstances
On a case by case basis, the CSSC will work with teams in advance to re-schedule games due to special extenuating circumstances. However, no games will be cancelled due to professional sporting events, festivals or commitments that occur during the course of a regularly scheduled game.
If the default fee has not been paid before the team’s next game the following will happen:
- The score(s) of the next game(s) will be changed by the CSSC to reflect a default loss. The opponents will receive the actual score of that game, not a default win.
- This policy will apply each week until the default fee is paid. Scores will not be reverted back to the original result even after the fee has been paid.
Note: Following two consecutive weeks of having an unpaid default, the CSSC reserves the right to remove a team from the schedule without a refund. At that time, the team will be blacklisted and will not be allowed to register for future CSSC leagues and/or tournaments, until the default fee is paid.