The CSSC hires a Grass Volleyball Coordinator each season to manage the Grass Volleyball games. The Coordinator is a paid employee who is responsible for a variety of tasks that are outlined below.
On-site Coordinator Roles
The primary roles of the Coordinator are:
- Arrive at the facility prior to game start times to ensure that all courts are set-up and ready for use.
- Manage the equipment at the facility and ensure that all of the equipment is in good working condition.
- Conduct weekly pre-game announcements and answer any questions that the players may have.
- Ensure that the matches run on time and that teams are recording scores throughout the night.
- Ensure that facility guidelines are being met (no alcohol consumption, keeping courts and surrounding area clean).
- Act as the on-site contact and club representative.
- Coordinate the take down of nets and equipment at the end of the booking (with help from the players).
- Ensure that the players leave the facility on time.
- Report scores online the following day.
Helping the Coordinator
Players can help the Coordinator at the facility by doing the following:
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to game time and be ready to start on time.
- Provide the Coordinator with their undivided attention when the announcements are being read.
- Start and end each match on time.
- Record the game results on the score sheet after each game/match.
- Help pack up the equipment and take down the courts after the final games are played.
- Clean up after themselves.
- Leave the facility promptly after the games have concluded.