Indoor Facility Policies
The CSSC rents the majority of indoor facilities and gymnasiums from the City of Calgary Recreation Department. As tenants, players must respect the standards and rules of each facility:
- Alcohol and drugs are strictly prohibited inside any facility and in the parking lots.
- Facility Operators and Caretakers should be treated with respect. If players have any concerns with a school, they should be addressed with the CSSC the following day.
- Hallways are off limits at schools. Players should never wander around the facility.
- Players are expected to clean up after themselves.
- Players must wear clean, non-marking shoes. No outside shoes allowed. Outside shoes can be taken off and left at the entrance to the school.
- Players are responsible for property damage inside or outside of a facility that they cause.
- Due to size constraints at our indoor facilities, spectators are not permitted in the gym unless there is a dedicated viewing area. Spectators are to remain seated or in the stands during the game and should always be positioned a safe distance away from the activity. Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- The doors to a public school are unlocked 15 minutes prior to the permit start time. If players arrive early, they should wait outside. Some facilities will keep the doors locked throughout the night as a safety precaution for the Caretaker. In these cases, the team captain can search for a doorbell above the main entrance of the facility, or wait for a teammate, GC/EC, or the Caretaker to open the door. Doors should never be propped open. This is the most common complaint filed against the CSSC and the responsible player or team will receive a facility fine if caught propping doors.
- When the permit time is up, players must leave the building promptly. They should not move into the hallways, hold meetings or socialize inside the facility.
The CSSC also rents time at private indoor facilities across the city. Similar rules apply as those listed above.
Any player who causes the CSSC to receive a complaint regarding a gymnasium or indoor facility rented by the CSSC will receive a $100 fine and may be ejected from the League.
Indoor Facility Locations and Times
- Indoor facility game start times range from 6:00pm-10:30pm on weeknights and 9:00am - 10:00pm on weekends, depending on facility availability. The CSSC will always attempt to ensure a fair distribution of game start times across all teams within a division when building a schedule.
- Facilities are chosen based on availability, quality and location. Some leagues utilize many facilities, while other leagues may play out of a specific facility. The CSSC will always attempt to ensure a fair distribution of locations when building a schedule.
- Each schedule lists all facilities used in that division, with corresponding Google map links. Players should view these details in order to familiarize themselves with parking, entry, important notes and past complaints for certain facilities.
- Players should arrive at the facility 15 minutes before their scheduled game time to allow time to warm-up or stretch. Some facilities will not allow access to the gymnasium until the exact permit start time, in these cases, players should be patient and ask the GC/EC or Caretaker before entering the gym.
Outdoor Field Policies
The CSSC rents the majority of outdoor fields and diamonds from the City of Calgary Parks and Recreation Department. As tenants, players must respect the standards and rules of each field:
- Alcohol consumption and smoking is prohibited on any outdoor field or in the parking lots. Offending players are subject to the CSSC Facility fine policy, by-law fines from the City, or removal from CSSC Leagues.
- Public urination is illegal and although some fields do not have a port-o-potty located close by, players are expected to travel to the nearest washroom if the occasion should arise.
- All public by-laws apply when using a field; including excessive noise or music, offensive language, littering, etc.
- Players should be respectful to homeowners, community residents or anyone else who is sharing the field or surrounding area.
- Players are responsible for property damage they cause including surrounding houses, cars or property.
- Spectators are permitted to attend outdoor games but are to remain seated or in the stands during the game and should always be positioned a safe distance away from the activity. Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
The CSSC also rents time at private outdoor facilities across the City. Similar rules apply to those as listed above.
Any player who causes the CSSC to receive a complaint regarding a field rented by the CSSC will receive a $100 fine and may be ejected from the League.
Outdoor Field Locations and Times
- Outdoor games start at the following times:
- 6:00pm - 8:30pm (depending on sport rotation)
- Each schedule lists all fields used in that division, with corresponding Google map links. Players should view these details in order to familiarize themselves with parking, important notes and past complaints for certain fields. Some sites will have multiple fields, so it is important to review which field the CSSC has booked.
- Players should arrive at the field 15 minutes before their scheduled game time to allow time to warm-up or stretch.
- The Games Coordinator (GC) will bring all required sport equipment for the games each week.
- Players are welcome to bring their own equipment for warm-up.
- Players are required to bring both a light and dark shirt or jersey to the game each week.
- Teams will decide at the gym/field which team is dark and which team is light for the game.
- All players must bring a pair of clean, non-marking shoes for games at indoor facilities.
- No metal cleats are allowed in CSSC Leagues.